Teachmeet Brighton March 12, 2014
Wed 12 March 2014
Another Teachmeet Brighton, another Raspberry Pi presentation, this time provocativly called “Doing Shit with a Raspberry Pi”. For those that couldn’t be there, my presentation can be downloaded as a pdf from here.
Links from the presentation
- Raspberry Pi Foundation - the best place to start and where you can get you very own Babbage Bear.
- St. Mary’s CofE Primary School’s plant monitor - A no soldering electronics project.
- AirPi - The Raspberry Pi Powered Weather Station.
- Ultrasonic Sensor Project - My Brighton Science Festival workshop project.
- Ryanteck Budget Robotics Kit for Raspberry Pi - A crowd funded £28 robot kit.
- Keiron Spinner’s £12 robot (CAS)
- Winkle Ink’s budget robot project - Uses an Arduino, but could use a Pi instead.
- BrickPi - Extends the functionality of Lego Mindstorms.
- Sonic Pi - Making Computer Science Audible.
- Adventures in Raspberry Pi - A great intro book for teachers and kids alike.
- Raspberry Pi User Guide - A good companion book from one of the creators of the Raspberry Pi.
- Code Club Projects - Code Club’s Scratch, Python and HTML/CSS projects available to everyone!
- Raspberry Jam - the global community of events for enthusiasts of the Raspberry Pi computer.
- Pi Weekly - A free weekly newsletter for Raspberry Pi news and projects – out every Friday.
- The Mag Pi - A monthly magazine for all things Pi.